Skip to main content

An Amazing Experience

I am going to introduce myself just for those who don’t know me.  Hi my name is Rachel Jackson and I am a singer/songwriter and speaker.  I write music inspired by the Word of God.  I share my life experiences and how I overcame to bring healing to the broken.  I strongly believe in being real and honest with God, others, and yourself.  It is good to know who you are and not wear a mask.  Be who God has called YOU to be.

I love to promote camps because they promote Jesus and I have seen so many lives changed through them. We sent our son to Green Country Camp this year with our church. Green Country Camp ( http://www.greencountrycamp.com/ ) is located in Disney, Oklahoma and it is the camp that our Association supports for children's camp and youth camps.  He had an amazing time and we could see growth in him and a passion to have a deeper relationship with Jesus when he returned home.  

We were so honored to be asked by John Parker (Camp Director) to lead worship during one of the Children’s Camp weeks...what a great opportunity to minister!  In order to maximize this opportunity, we decided to make this a local missions project for our teens at Refuge Verdigris.  They were able to help out in a practical way to reach other children for the sake of the gospel.  They lead the recreational activities and taught a missions class. One of our students was able to lead another child to salvation right in the middle of the rec field!  

Part of the group we brought with us for this local mission

Me, My Husband, and John Parker (Director of GCC)




It was an amazing experience leading around 400 people in worship that week, and at parent night we had close to 500 people in attendance!  

Gavin, our nine year old son, plays guitar.  He had it on his heart to use his talent to worship God and so we let him help with this opportunity.  For the first time ever Gavin stood on a stage with us and sang and played.  We were so proud of him! He did an amazing job! He has been taking lessons at Atomic Guitar with Zeb Gattis in Broken Arrow for about 2 years.  We love Zeb and are so thankful for his part in helping Gavin get where he is in his talent. Here is a Link to Atomic Guitar - (https://www.facebook.com/AtomicGuitarLessons/info?tab=overview).  Gavin truly has a natural feel for rhythm and loves music.  It was such a blessing to have him on stage with us.  We have to say we were impressed with how he handled himself. 


Ryan Mercer (djembe), Jared Jackson (Guitar), (Me) Rachel Jackson, Gavin (Electric) 

Aliyah in Piano Lessons with Sarah Grover
Our daughter, Aliyah, was inspired to learn an instrument and chose piano.  She started her first on Monday. We feel blessed that she was impacted in this way!

Below is some of the footage from worship and also am putting a video I put together of our students helping at camp that I will sharing in next post.

While at camp I was able to connect with youth pastors and share my heart with them as well as some things I feel God is leading me to do; which I will be sharing with you in my next post.  They all sounded very interested! My hope is that you will also support me by sharing my upcoming news with others!

I love all your support and feedback.  Thank you!!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! & WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

New Blog ................. So I have never had a blog before and never thought I would. lol.  I have had many say I should instead of sending out my newsletter email.  So Im going to try it. Please know I don’t claim to have good grammar or spelling. So have fun reading this.  lol Blogging plan ................. So here is the deal. It is super hard to not share about other things in my life. Cause really your life should reflect worship.  Worshiping God is a Lifestyle.  So this is kinda a blog of my life a bit.   New Band ................. We are still in the process of getting a new band together and hopefully getting some backups for when someone cant make it.  Please share if you are in the Hopkins County area or even Dallas area. I have to be honest Im so naturally inpatient. This process is driving me nuts.  I want to start playing at events now.  But I want it to be with excellence so until we got it all together I am still using tracks. Radio play.............

Life is a journey....my testimony.

Updated on September 13, 2017 Let me introduce myself first. My name is Rachel Jackson, I am a singer/songwriter and speaker. My heart is to minister to people and encourage people to be real and honest with God, themselves, and others. My prayer is that through music and word will come healing, deliverance, restoration, and salvation. In ministering in this way a movement was started that has made a large impact in schools. I have been in ministry for 16 years reaching out to women, children, youth, and college aged students.  My music has received regular airplay on several radio stations across America. I have led worship in many settings from church camps to inside prison walls. I serve as a youth leader next to my husband that is the youth pastor of Angus Church in Sand Springs, OK.   Jared Jackson and I have 3 kids together and have been married for 13 years. I’ve been blessed with a life that lends itself to exploration and discovery. My greatest find during my journey,

Some Strengthening

With all the troubles in this world some need a little help. We were never met to do this life on our own anyways. Sometimes it can just be that you feel stuck and unable to successfully change your feelings, thoughts or behaviors. It is likely that you are being affected by experiences from your past.  Any experiences that continues to exert a negative influence is traumatic.  Not all traumatic events are horrifying or tragic.  Sometimes traumatic experiences are remembered, but often they are repressed or forgotten.  I would like to introduced you to Guy Earle.  Guy Earle is a certified counselor in Rapid Resolution Therapy. He is also author of “Transformed Through His Thoughts.” and “Purpose is a Decision, Discover, Develop, and Disseminate the riches within you”.  Guy is the director of Counseling for Dr. Tony Evans at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship  ( http://www.ocbfchurch.org /).  Guy is a speaker, trainer, author, and life coach.   If you are in need of some strengthening