Skip to main content

Kids, Summer Camp, Recording



Tomorrow is the last day of March!  Time went by so fast!!!!  Alot has happened in a month!  I am going to start with this and write more later.
Taken 3.29.13 Gavin & Aliyah Jackson.  Two of my most favorite people!

I am so proud of my kids!  In all I do I have to say that watching my kids reminds in of the things that matter the most in life.  Family is so important.   The memories we make together, the unconditional love we share. I love seeing them as they grow in deeper thought and make goals.  Jared and I support them in their pursuits, and encourage them in the talents we see already instilled inside them. 

Gavin is a straight “A” student, enjoys sports, and music. For Christmas he asked for a guitar and has been practicing. He plays almost all sports well. He did soccer on a team last summer and thinking about basketball when that session comes. He is young enough to just try out all these things and decided which is his favorite to stick with.  But most of all..........He has such a natural compassion for people and a tender heart for those in need.  He enjoys blessing others with giving. It is so sweet. Their is build in selfishness we all struggle with and he his struggle is not much of a struggle at all.  I am so thankful for such a loving kid.

Aliyah is ridiculously smart.  Her memory is crazy!  She remembers things from years ago even.  I will say she is selective but for the most part listens and obeys. I have been spending time with her on keyboard and plan to put her on a schedule to keep her growing. I am going to need so coaching myself to help her. She seems to do well with remembering songs. Aliyah LOVES to dance.  She is so good at it that is almost is irritating. lol.  I was never as good as she is.  She is a natural.  She is very artistic in so many ways, paints, draws, builds things with play-doh. She will be 5 on April 14th.

The fun thing is that they encourage us in what we are doing as well. Gavin says one day he wants to be in a band with me.  Aliyah the same, she wants to sing and is pretty good!  At things I or we (Jared & I) sing at, they are our biggest cheerleaders. They make me enjoy what I am doing. They also encourage Jared in all he does.  

Sense I have been in Texas, it has been a very different.  Doors have not opened easy.  I’m not sure where God is taking us with this but I know he has not said stop.  Which I admit I have a few times just thought maybe it is time for something else.  But then he gives me more songs and then I receive emails and messages saying how my songs have touched them.  So I am not going to stop. lol. 

We are scheduled to lead a kids camp this summer!  Very excited!

We got a new mic & protools program.  I am so going to record myself and attempt to produce some music myself!!!! I will share when all in ready.  My plan is a new CD as soon as all is together!  It will be available on itunes and hopeful in a store. And we will be certainly have them to sale as well if you just want to contact me.  I don't have a date sent due to being unsure about the funds.

If you feel lead to give to this project it would be a blessing.  Our goal is the same............ to bring healing to the broken-hearted; to reach and touch who have been labeled untouchable; love those deemed unlovable. I want to reach people from all walks of life, and to influence them to turn to Jesus Christ.  It’s all about loving God and loving people. If you would like to give please email me at info@racheljacksonmusic.com




God Bless you!

Comments

  1. Your daughter looks like a little clone of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the insights about your kids. No wonder you are so proud. You daughter looks like a carbon copy of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer camps are for the benefit and overall development of children. Children learn various things according to their interest in these summer camps. But one thing they surely learn is how to socially behave with other children.

    Summer camps Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! It is really great article for summer camp .You are sharing really useful points in that post. Thanks for sharing.



    Camp America 2014 & Camp America Jobs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! & WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

New Blog ................. So I have never had a blog before and never thought I would. lol.  I have had many say I should instead of sending out my newsletter email.  So Im going to try it. Please know I don’t claim to have good grammar or spelling. So have fun reading this.  lol Blogging plan ................. So here is the deal. It is super hard to not share about other things in my life. Cause really your life should reflect worship.  Worshiping God is a Lifestyle.  So this is kinda a blog of my life a bit.   New Band ................. We are still in the process of getting a new band together and hopefully getting some backups for when someone cant make it.  Please share if you are in the Hopkins County area or even Dallas area. I have to be honest Im so naturally inpatient. This process is driving me nuts.  I want to start playing at events now.  But I want it to be with excellence so until we got it all together I am still using tracks. Radio play.............

Life is a journey....my testimony.

Updated on September 13, 2017 Let me introduce myself first. My name is Rachel Jackson, I am a singer/songwriter and speaker. My heart is to minister to people and encourage people to be real and honest with God, themselves, and others. My prayer is that through music and word will come healing, deliverance, restoration, and salvation. In ministering in this way a movement was started that has made a large impact in schools. I have been in ministry for 16 years reaching out to women, children, youth, and college aged students.  My music has received regular airplay on several radio stations across America. I have led worship in many settings from church camps to inside prison walls. I serve as a youth leader next to my husband that is the youth pastor of Angus Church in Sand Springs, OK.   Jared Jackson and I have 3 kids together and have been married for 13 years. I’ve been blessed with a life that lends itself to exploration and discovery. My greatest find during my journey,

Some Strengthening

With all the troubles in this world some need a little help. We were never met to do this life on our own anyways. Sometimes it can just be that you feel stuck and unable to successfully change your feelings, thoughts or behaviors. It is likely that you are being affected by experiences from your past.  Any experiences that continues to exert a negative influence is traumatic.  Not all traumatic events are horrifying or tragic.  Sometimes traumatic experiences are remembered, but often they are repressed or forgotten.  I would like to introduced you to Guy Earle.  Guy Earle is a certified counselor in Rapid Resolution Therapy. He is also author of “Transformed Through His Thoughts.” and “Purpose is a Decision, Discover, Develop, and Disseminate the riches within you”.  Guy is the director of Counseling for Dr. Tony Evans at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship  ( http://www.ocbfchurch.org /).  Guy is a speaker, trainer, author, and life coach.   If you are in need of some strengthening