Skip to main content

Are you good enough .....................


Some people have spent there whole lives striving to be good enough for God.  To easer the mistakes you have made in your past.  But Jesus says I give you rest cause I have purchased that for you.  This is a whole different basics of approaching God.  Yes we work hard for God, Yes we do good things for God but it is not because you are doing it to gain favor with God. You do those things cause you have the favor of God!  It is favor given to you as a gift which includes rest from Christ.  You don’t have to prove yourself. So many people live their lives trying to prove themselves to somebody.  Your dad, your colleges, your brothers and sisters, the world, and anybody that will listen.  But in Christ, you have the approval of the only one who actually matters.  The highest being in all the universe could not regard you with more affection.  When you understand that the creator of all, loves you more than you can imagine, that releases you from the captivity of always trying to make everyone else happy.  If God is for me then who cares who else is for me. You don't have to bear the weight of the world on your shoulders. God is our protector, provider, healer, and we can rest in his care.  If Jesus cared enough to come and die for us when he knew we were against him why would be not protect us now that we are his children.  This is being said to the believer.

Now Im not saying that bad things won’t happen cause we still live in a fallen world.  Remember it rains on the just and unjust. Tragedy happens sometimes I believe with no solid reason other than there is evil in this unfair world.  I don’t for a second think that God is some sick God that puts you through abuse and hurt just so he can get glory later when he pulls you out. I do know this though!.... God will use all things to work together for the good of those who love him. So you can rest and trust him.

Our mindset should be not doing things for God as accomplishments but doing things WITH God and THROUGH God than he will use us to do more than what we could ever accomplish on our own.

I hope this helps and brings rest.  You were good enough to die for.


Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4.  "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we have received from God." 

Matthew 5:45 “...For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. “

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 "I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time. People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy."

Genesis 50:20 “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.”

Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! & WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

New Blog ................. So I have never had a blog before and never thought I would. lol.  I have had many say I should instead of sending out my newsletter email.  So Im going to try it. Please know I don’t claim to have good grammar or spelling. So have fun reading this.  lol Blogging plan ................. So here is the deal. It is super hard to not share about other things in my life. Cause really your life should reflect worship.  Worshiping God is a Lifestyle.  So this is kinda a blog of my life a bit.   New Band ................. We are still in the process of getting a new band together and hopefully getting some backups for when someone cant make it.  Please share if you are in the Hopkins County area or even Dallas area. I have to be honest Im so naturally inpatient. This process is driving me nuts.  I want to start playing at events now.  But I want it to be with excellence so until we got it all together I am still using tracks. Radio play.............

Life is a journey....my testimony.

Updated on September 13, 2017 Let me introduce myself first. My name is Rachel Jackson, I am a singer/songwriter and speaker. My heart is to minister to people and encourage people to be real and honest with God, themselves, and others. My prayer is that through music and word will come healing, deliverance, restoration, and salvation. In ministering in this way a movement was started that has made a large impact in schools. I have been in ministry for 16 years reaching out to women, children, youth, and college aged students.  My music has received regular airplay on several radio stations across America. I have led worship in many settings from church camps to inside prison walls. I serve as a youth leader next to my husband that is the youth pastor of Angus Church in Sand Springs, OK.   Jared Jackson and I have 3 kids together and have been married for 13 years. I’ve been blessed with a life that lends itself to exploration and discovery. My greatest find during my journey,

Some Strengthening

With all the troubles in this world some need a little help. We were never met to do this life on our own anyways. Sometimes it can just be that you feel stuck and unable to successfully change your feelings, thoughts or behaviors. It is likely that you are being affected by experiences from your past.  Any experiences that continues to exert a negative influence is traumatic.  Not all traumatic events are horrifying or tragic.  Sometimes traumatic experiences are remembered, but often they are repressed or forgotten.  I would like to introduced you to Guy Earle.  Guy Earle is a certified counselor in Rapid Resolution Therapy. He is also author of “Transformed Through His Thoughts.” and “Purpose is a Decision, Discover, Develop, and Disseminate the riches within you”.  Guy is the director of Counseling for Dr. Tony Evans at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship  ( http://www.ocbfchurch.org /).  Guy is a speaker, trainer, author, and life coach.   If you are in need of some strengthening